Essential Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows 8
Posted on December 4th, 2013
- Windows+C brings up the charms menu instantly.
- Windows+X brings up various Windows tools, such as Control Panel, Device Manager, Command Prompt, File Explorer, Task Manager and more.
- Windows+D switches to desktop mode.
- Windows+I shows the Settings for the currently open app.
- Windows+PrtSc takes a screenshot and saves it to the Screenshots subfolder in the Pictures folder.
- Windows+F opens the search menu to search files.
- Windows+E opens the File Explorer to show the classic "My Computer".
- Windows+. snaps the current application to either the right or the left of the screen.
- Windows+Q brings up the apps search menu where you are able to search for programs you have installed.
- Windows+Z brings up the menu for the current app.
- Windows+H will bring up the Share menu for the current app (you cannot share within every app).
- Windows+Tab cycles through your active apps.
If you are interested in upgrading, you can purchase an upgrade here: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro - Upgrade
More shortcuts that you find particularly useful? Let everyone know in the comments below!